Monday, August 15, 2016

Update: Nursing School is HARD!

I'm not much of a blogger it appears, I always work on starting one, and then after a while I just stop writing, but that ends now! I've started to get my life together, trying to manage my time more and more since nursing school started! Honestly it's been tough, I've passed some of my classes by the skin on my teeth. The semester started out great, I was going to class early, getting my reading and assignments done and then the work load just kept increasing. Read more chapters, study more power points, prepare to demonstrate the skills you learned for a grade. It all just got really hectic, and the final days of my second semester, I needed to pass my final with a 36/40, and I did thankfully but it was the most stressful time of my life! I cried when I got the results because of how freaked out I was that I was going to fail nursing school. 

I've worked too damn hard for too damn long for it to end so quickly! So I made a promise to myself after that, study longer, but smarter, and not harder. I will put in more work (the right work) and do what I have to do to pass each class without freaking out the entire time! My plan to help me do that, is a bullet journal. If you've never heard of what a bullet journal is, it's like a planner but your own style. It's supposed to be the way it works for you. So I drove over to my local target, and purchased a small journal, with some Staedtler pens to get started. The point of the journal is to help me manage my life and make sure I stay on task.
I've always used regular planners and agendas, and I think some people still use both the planner and the bullet journal but I prefer one, and right now I'm giving the bullet journal a try. The bujo (bullet journal) is more of a week to week, or day to day thing. You plan as you go along, you can do it every day for the following day, or every week for the following week.
It's whatever works for you! You can do a monthly spread, a daily spread, or a weekly spread. You just have to play the field before you find your rhythm, and that's exactly what I'm doing. I started by having my year at a glance so I can see what day falls when, then I did the month of august, a small calendar on one page, and the dates to remember right next to it, then I got to the niddy griddy of it all. My weekly spread, I wrote my goals for the week, the tasks that I need to do, including blogging! So far I'm really enjoying it, but since I'm on break from school until August 22, I can't really say if it's going to help with school, but I will keep you posted.
What the weekly spread looks like
The bullet journal is definitely something you all should look in to if you need some more time management help, and trust me when I say it, if you have a creative bone in your body, you'll enjoy it more than a store bought planner!

That's all I have to say for now loves, but I will be back to give you a full detailed post on how my first and second semester of nursing school went! Till then try bullet journaling and let me know what you think!

What do you think about nursing school? Have you tried bullet journals? Do you love it or hate it? Tell me what you think! Share some pictures of your journals!
Get Fit Dr Stacy


Leave A Comment!