Tuesday, June 9, 2015

One bad day calls for a good next day

Life can be so complicated some times. If you follow my twitter you know that yesterday was a bit of an off day for me. After having a car full of ants and getting stuck in an elevator, I still wasn't able to register for my Anatomy & Physiology class for the semester. I now see the whole school dilemma as a "blessing" because had I not missed the original time offer of the class I wouldn't have noticed that they offered the class at the campus much closer to my house. Now that I can register I was looking at the time slots for class and found one early enough that I'm not on campus late, and late enough that I'm not waking up before sun comes out! 
Now to be completely honest, I'm really nervous for this class. I took this course once a few years ago when I started college (in 2010) and failed. I literally got an 'F' in the course and WF in the lab because I stopped going after failing the course. I'm obviously older now and I would like to say a bit more prepared when it comes to college, but it's still between scary to take a course a second time. There's nothing like failing a course twice. I'm fully prepared to record lectures and play them back like it's my job. I'm also fully prepared to study like I don't have a life, and the good thing is that I'm only taking A&P so I don't have to worry about studying for anything else, except the HESI of course. 

Lets talk about that stupid elevator situation yesterday! In the morning when I parked in the garage, the left elevator had a sign on the door that said "Temporarily out of order" and I really didn't pay mind to it until that door opened for my 'elevator ride.' I sent the elevator down to the first floor, and waited for the other elevator to come up because I was not going to get in that elevator. The other one never came, and this "out of order" one returned. I was already late for work so I got on it and rode to the first floor without a problem. When going back to my car after work, I got on the same elevator with 4 other people. Two of those people got off on the third floor, and the other two got off on the fourth. When the elevator went to stop on the third floor it attempted to open the doors before stopping, causing the elevator to shake. After that happened, I started to panic. When we reached the fourth floor and everyone got off, the doors closed, but stopped inches from being fully closed, and wouldn't move. I was alone in the elevator and was now in full on panic mode. I was smacking the doors, trying to close or open them. Finally after about 5-10 minutes of hitting the doors they began to close slowly. The elevator took me to the fifth floor and I ran out of there before the doors were even fully opened. I stopped only to tell the guy getting on the elevator what happened. He took the stairs. 

Now after all that happened, I sat in my car only to have a million tiny little creatures crawling all over me. If you know me at all, you must know how much I despise creepy crawlers. I hate all insects, and don't care to have them near me. I drove all the way home from work, in rush hour traffic with those ants all over me. I quite literally wanted to die. When I got home, I got one of the "RAID" bombs from the cabinet, and set it off in my car. 
Now I have to leave my car closed for 24 hours, and not drive it. I also have to go get it completely detailed to wash off all the RAID and get rid of all the ants little bodies. It's so cruel that they all died, but I'm not about to drive with them on me all the time. It's just not happening! 

The little RAID bomb was from home depot, and its quite simple. It's not liquid so nothing gets ruined, it's a gas that just spreads through every little spot in the car. It's poisonous so you have to wipe down whatever you touch in your car, and make sure to wash your hands after driving. I have to ride with the windows down for about a week as a precaution, and when I get the car washed I'm going to make sure they're extremely detailed. 

Aside from my eventful day, theres really nothing else going on! Have you ever been stuck in an elevator? For how long? What did you do? Have you ever had an ant infestation in your car? What did you? 
Get Fit Dr Stacy


Leave A Comment!