Friday, May 8, 2015

Fitness Friday: 21 Day fix

Fitness Friday is a segment that I incorporated in order to talk about the FAD diets that are out there, or the fitness programs (whether they work or not) and what I think about them. Whether I recommend them, or whether I don't. Todays fitness Friday is a program called 21 Day Fix. It's not uncommon and I'm sure you've heard of it, hell it's all over the place. All you gotta do is look at Instagram. "21 Day Fix" is a program by the company BeachBody, and it's a 21 day program where you eat healthy and follow the exercise program to lose weight. You can repeat it after the 21 days is over, making it your second round, or third, or whatever round you're on. This program includes color coated containers, they signify the food you should eat, and how much of it. For example the green containers, are vegetables, and for my specific calorie intake, I have about 6 of those containers throughout the day. 

There are 7 containers, and in the "meal plan" book, it explains how to calculate the amount of calories you should be having. Once that is calculated it explains how many servings you can have of each container throughout the day. It also explains that in order for your body to be hydrated, you should consume about 1/2 your body weight. So if you divide your body weight by two, your total will be the amount of water you drink in oz. I usually drink a little more than that, just because I get thirsty, but it helps to know how much I need, just to know I'm keeping my self hydrated. 

The reason I like this program is because it's realistic. There's nothing temporary in this program, well maybe the workouts, but the lifestyle is something you can practice forever. These containers are just measurements, and once you learn to portion your food correctly, it becomes a habit. The reason that the program is 21 days, is because its takes 21 days to form and break habits. Autumn Calabrese (the creator of the genius program) is well a genius to have come up with this system. It's simple, easy to follow, and as I said before realistic. She doesn't tell you that you can't eat anything, she explains how to portion out that sweet tooth craving so you're not going for a king size snickers everyday. She makes it easy to lose weight, at a reasonable pace, all while teaching you how to live your life the right way. I would buy this program for everyone if I could, but I can't and thats unfortunate. What I can do, is if you really want to purchase the program, you should contact me, so I can lead you in the right direction to getting it from the right person! *Stacyh003@gmail.com* email me there for info on how to get this program. 

At the end of the 21 days, I promise to post a picture of my before and after, that won't be until Monday May 18! Which I'll be starting round 2 of my 21 day fix!!!



 One thing I can't forget to mention is the workouts, they're 7 days a week, and theres one for everyday. They're difficult, but they're good, and they work. I can tell you that they work because I've been sore since day one! I love the workouts because they're 30 mins, and she makes it possible! You see the others in the video, those that are fit and healthy, struggle with the exercise and do the modified version, even for just a little. It gives you hope and strength to know that you're not the only one that struggles with it, and one day you'll be able to do the exercises without having to modify, or struggle in the middle of it! Trust me, these workouts are totally worth every drop of sweat you drip! 

Did you do the 21 day fix? Are you still doing it? Do you love it or hate it? What do you think of the workouts? What other program have you done? What program would you like to hear about? Leave a comment below, and lets chat about the different weight loss programs out there, good or bad! 

Get Fit Dr Stacy


Leave A Comment!