Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Watch It Wednesday: Army Wives

Hey all,

It's watch it Wednesday, a new segment I want to add to the blog. I watch A LOT of TV shows, and when I say A LOT, I literally mean A LOT! I watch in no specific order;

  • Army Wives
  • Secrets and Lies
  • Private Practice
  • Greys Anatomy
  • Vampire Diaries
  • Jane the Virgin
  • Pretty Little Liars
  • Chicago PD 
  • Law and Order SVU (Yes that show is still going 16 seasons strong) 
  • Scandal
  • How to Get Away With Murder
  • Revenge (I heard it's getting canceled this season) 
  • and many more...
I also watched but these shows were canceled or ended:

  • Gossip Girl 
  • 90210
  • Sex and the City 
  • Veronica Mars 
  • Degrassi (for many many years) 
  • and many more...


The reason I write many more at the end of the lists is because theres so many shows that I can't recall all the names. This isn't to say that I don't do other things and all I do is vegetable in front of the TV but its just something I do on my spare time. Majority of the time I'll start a show, and I won't finish it while it's still running, just cause I hate the waiting game. Once the full series is on Netflix, I'll binge watch it, although there are plenty of shows I watch live just cause they're that good. So I figure that I should review some of the shows that I've watched over time, or some of the shows that I'm currently watching just in case you're looking for something new to watch and you just don't know what to watch.

This weeks Watch it Wednesday is Army Wives. I love this show, it went above and beyond my expectations. It started in 2007, and was canceled in 2013 right after it's 7th season ( if you hate having so many questions after a show ends because it was canceled, my recommendation is not to watch it because it left me with so many unanswered questions.


To be honest a lot of shows do that, Nip Tuck, Veronica Mars, and so many others got canceled and left me with questions).  This show is about 4 women and 1 man, who are spouses of men and women in uniform. They live in Fort Marshall which is an Army post in North Carolina. The show shows the daily struggle that we don't know the army families go through. The struggle that wives, and husbands go through when their significant other is away in Afghanistan or Iraq. It's really not an easy ordeal, I speak from very slight experience having a cousin in the army, and always worrying about him while he's away. This show depicts the life of those who go through the struggle. The four women, Claudia Joy Holden, Roxy Leblanc, Pamela Moran, Denise Sherwood, and the one male, Roland Burton, all lead their own lives, but when they come together, they support each other and build such a strong bond within one another. The first episode is named "The Tribe is Born" and its the episode we see Roxy marry her husband Trevor after knowing him "all of 17 days" and Pamela give birth to a set of twins, which she was carrying as a surrogate. The whole group came together in the funniest way helping Pamela birth the babies on a pool table. That's all I'm going to say about the show in specifics so I don't ruin it for someone who wants to watch it, but that was from the first episode. These women build this bond of support, they lean on one another in times of need, and they give each other the support they need. When I finished the show, a piece of me was disappointed that it was canceled, and I wish I could bring it back, but I'm glad I watched it! It was a great show to watch and I 100% recommend watching it! It's based on a book called "Under the Sabers" by Tanya Biank, which I purchased after watching the show. I got it as an ebook for 7.99 on my iPad, I haven't read it completely, and once I do I will let you know how much I like it compared to the show!

Have you ever seen Army Wives? What did you think about it? Did you like it? What shows do you watch/recommend to watch? Comment below, maybe I've seen it, or maybe I haven't! I'm always looking for a new show to watch!

Get Fit Dr Stacy


Leave A Comment!