Thursday, May 7, 2015

Thoughtful Thursday: Coding and Armed Forces

Hey all!

Today is Thoughtful Thursday, a segment I wanted to incorporate in the blog. Everyday I'm constantly thinking about all sorts of different things. Like my life, my school, my future. And so I wanted to just vent out what goes through my head, but instead of doing that everyday and boring everyone, I figure I'll just do it on Thursdays. Hence Thoughtful Thursdays came to mind. Today I was really struggling in my head because I'm not in love with the look for the blog, the layout, the colors, the appearance, they all just don't look right. I've been practicing writing my own code, and until I get it down packed I know I'm not going to like the look of the blog. I'll get over it, but I want to make sure I make it look as nice and user friendly as possible for my readers. Writing your own code for your blog isn't easy, and there isn't a lot of tutorials (that I can find) to help you learn, and therefore once I do learn and have it mastered I will be making my own tutorial on how write / create your own blogger template from scratch. I know HTML and CSS extensively. I don't really know much about XML or JAVASCRIPT but I'm learning, or trying to. I altered a code on my old blog (Champagnemedicine.com) which was run on wordpress but I never mastered that because it was so many files for just the one template. Once I get blogger down packed I want to learn to code my own wordpress. If I do that, then I will also make a tutorial on how to create your own Wordpress theme. I'm getting way ahead of myself here, and I shouldn't be making so many promises, especially if I can't deliver, but I want the motivation to deliver these tutorials and therefore I'm making promises.

Other things that have been on my mind lately, joining the United States Army, or Air Force, or even the Navy. When I graduated high school, I wanted to join the Navy but was convinced otherwise by family and friends. To this day I always think about how different my life would be had I joined, hell if I joined when I graduated, I would have served and left the Navy by now. I'm thinking of doing it, and becoming a medic in the military. Theres so many opportunities as a medic for the US military, and although it's scary to deploy and be away from family, I will be serving my country alongside doing something I love. Medicine is something that I've wanted to do/study for a very long time, and I really want to take advantage of being a doctor (in the future) and help out everyone who needs it. Aside from those rural areas, the US military could really use doctors in their fields. I'm truly thinking about doing this, but I need to think about it A LOT because I would be leaving my family, and thats something thats really hard for me. Plus for every year of medical school, its another year serving the military, so four years of medical school = four years in service, and possibly more. There are perks of joining the military to go to medical school, and they are extreme but thats not the reason I would do it, so I'd rather not talk about them. I wouldn't want to give people the wrong idea about why I would want to join the service. I don't know, its really something to think about and I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Are you a blogger? Did you write your own theme code? How did you learn? Are you in the Armed forces? Are you a Medic in the US military? What do you think about being a medic for the US military? I want to hear your thoughts, they really are important to me! 


Get Fit Dr Stacy


Leave A Comment!