Thursday, May 28, 2015

Tinder

I'm not here to bash tinder, or hate on it or anything. I'm just talking about it because well, Tinder seems a little ridiculous to me. I used it once, and know people who have used it and still use it, but I just don't agree with it. Tinder is supposed to be this like "young" dating app for people to find "significant others" on, or to find a weekend booty call. Whatever you want to use it for is your prerogative, but there are people on there that are a bit stupid. See I recently re-downloaded the app just to see what was on there, and it's really just crap! I mean I came across this guy that was on there "looking for friends," he even writes in his bio "My girlfriend is a club promoter is Soflo," like seriously? What kind of a person goes on a dating/hook up app to find friends?! What does that have to say about todays generation, we can't even make friends in person! Everything is electronic, if it isn't on tinder, it's on Facebook, or twitter, or instagram. Everyone who meets people nowadays isn't because they stumbled across each other at the mall or at starbucks, its because they followed each other on social media! 
My best friend and I met in college, we're part of the same sorority. My friends from high school and I still keep minimal contact, and I still like to make other friends. I've met so many people in classes, and at the stores. Granted we're not going to be BFFL, but it's nice to talk to someone different every now and again who doesn't already know your entire life story. I didn't have to look for them on social media. I haven't met a guy that I've wanted to date yet, which I'm totally okay with because I've put school before anything else, but that doesn't mean I'm giving up on meeting people in person rather than through a small piece of technology. The last date I was on was with someone I met walking to class. Yeah, that's right, face to face communication. I'm not going to say that it isn't hard to make friends, or meet people because people constantly have their head phones in their ears, or are looking at their bright little screen while walking and doing other things instead of looking at other people, but it isn't impossible. I make it a point to smile at people when they look at me, because not only does it promote contact, but it boost a person ego just a bit when someone smiles at them. It's not scientifically proven, but smiles are contagious, and the best way to turn a bad day around is to make someone else happy, which in turn will make you happy. 
So put down the tinder app, and the instagraming, and start talking to people in person. If you can't do that anymore, then theres no hope for the world. Artificial intelligence will eventually take over, and there will be no more reason for human contact with one another other than to procreate. 
Go up to someone today, compliment their shoes or something. Strike up a conversation with a stranger ( in a safe neighborhood, surrounded by people of course), and make some friends. You don't want to stare at a bright little screen all day, aside from being bad for your eyes, its bad for your social life. 

Tell me about someone you met in person? Do you use tinder, or instagram to make friends, or relationships? Do you feel like it's "easier" that way? Don't be afraid to comment with your opinion, it's never a bad thing to express yourself! 
Get Fit Dr Stacy


Leave A Comment!